Given the complexity and misunderstandings that can exist in relation to the current COVID restrictions we have found a series of useful guides in relation to specific subjects. Here we look at guidance available in relation to which tier you are in; what can, and can’t be done in each tier; guidance for travel and exercise and guidance for businesses.
WHICH TIER ARE YOU IN?
- If you are unsure as to what the restrictions are in your area, Sky News has a postcode checker which allows you to find out which tier you are in. This is updated regularly.
- The Government website has a section ‘What local COVID alert levels mean‘ which explains the restrictions in each tier.
GUIDANCE RELATING TO EACH TIER
TIER 1 (MEDIUM)
- The Telegraph – Tier 1 lockdown rules: what you can and can’t do in ‘medium risk’ alert areas
- Gov.uk – Local COVID alert level: medium
TIER 1 PLUS
- Independent – Coronavirus: What is Tier 1 Plus?
- ITV – Coronavirus: Bristol moves into Tier 1 Plus – but what does that mean?
- Sky News – Coronavirus: Bristol entering ‘Tier 1 plus’ of COVID-19 measures, says city’s mayor
TIER 2 (HIGH)
- The Telegraph – Tier 2 lockdown rules: what you can and can’t do in ‘high’ alert areas
- Gov.uk – Local COVID alert level: high
TIER 3 (VERY HIGH)
- The Telegraph – Tier 3 lockdown rules explained: what you can and can’t do in ‘very high’ risk alert areas?
- Gov.uk – Local COVID alert level: very high
- Yorkshire Evening Post – Leeds Tier 3 lockdown: Which businesses will be forced to close in Leeds?
- Leeds.gov.uk – Leeds to enter Tier 3 restrictions on Monday November 2
TRAVEL AND EXERCISE
- I News – Can I travel from Tier 2 to Tier 1? Rules and restrictions on moving between areas in Covid tier system
- ITV – Covid tiers: Can you still travel within the UK? Can you meet your friends? Your questions on the new rules answered
- Gov.uk – Tier 2 Travel
- The Telegraph – Can I travel between tiers? The latest rules for local holidays
- Gov.uk – Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel corridors
- Gov.uk – Coronavirus (COVID-19): countries and territories exempt from advice against ‘all but essential’ international travel
- Runner’s World – Coronavirus – can you still meet other runners in Tier 2?
- The Telegraph – Could gyms close again? These are the current Covid-19 guidelines
- I News – Do gyms have to close? How new Covid restrictions affect indoor fitness centres in Tier 3 and Tier 2 areas
- BBC – Coronavirus: Businesses react to South Yorkshire Tier 3 move
- Simply Business – What does the UK’s three-tier lockdown system mean for small businesses?
- Small Business – Job Support Scheme changes what they mean for your business
- FSB – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed
- The Motley Fool – What new tier 3 lockdown restrictions mean for UK small businesses
- ITV – Covid: Support for businesses and workers in Tier 2 – who is eligible and how do I apply?